May 14, 2008

Off to Old Blighty


My wife and I are off to England for 10 days starting Friday, and packing and preparation are eating up pretty much all available bandwidth. We'll be hitting Nottingham so I can train with Sensei Simon Oliver for a couple of days, but then relaxing and playing tourist in York and London.

It's Amy's first trip overseas, and I haven't been since 1999. I'm really looking forward to it, although I have to admit to being a little reticent about the possibility of Bush blowback. Here's hoping that the historic race between Obama and Clinton - and the concurrent discrediting and unpopularity of the president - will make for cordial international relations!

Posting at Sensen No Sen will resume in the last week of May. Until then, take care!

2 comments:

PBI said...

Thanks, Lady B! We're excited to go!

lokywoky said...

Have a great time, get off the beaten path, and see the non-touristy stuff. You'll have more fun!